how do I get rid of this: http://www.searchnu.com/406 when firefox is started, I don't want it.
when I try to use firefox I get the message screen that firefox cannot connect to: http://www.searchnu.com/406, well I don't want to cconnect to this server, how do I get it off of firefox?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Zylom Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
this sounds like a problem possibly caused by malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and/or a different tool like the free version of malwarebytes.
afterwards install the search reset addon - it will revert the most common customziations those adware programs do in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
See also these threads and pages about searchqu/searchnu:
Modified by cor-el