Adobe Flash 10.3 not working with Firefox 17.0.1
I need to use Adobe Flash 10.3 for certain reasons and it was working just fine until today, when my Firefox updated itself to 17.0.1. Now, anytime I visit a web site with Flash (YouTube and others) the area where the video is supposed to be is blank. Any ideas?
Actually solved my own problem. Went to the Add Ons section and found that there were two of them for Flash, one for 11.x and one for 10.x. I disabled the one for 11.x and things started working again.Read this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Actually solved my own problem. Went to the Add Ons section and found that there were two of them for Flash, one for 11.x and one for 10.x. I disabled the one for 11.x and things started working again.
There is a conflict with Flash Block and Firefox 17.0.1 update watching videos on Facebook.
One has to disable Flash Block extension now with this new FF update, whereas this problem did not occur prior to the Firefox update and recent Flash Player update.
The problem is limited to the Firefox 17.0.1 update/Flash Player 11.5 update/and videos on Facebook interface.
My system is Mac OS 10.6.8. iMac desktop.
Would appreciate a notice if Firefox finds a fix for this.