Please contact me via phone, can't upgrade since we upgraded our computer. <phone number removed>
Several times trying to download what is called firefox 17, offered to us by you, we do not understand what that means? Our new operating system installed at the Boise Apple Store gives us up to and including the Snow Leopard. We are unable to accomplish your upgrade because it repeats the procedure instead and does a down load over and over, but will not install it following the requested easy procedure etc. Discouraged as nothing will let your firefox upgrade to our system. It even asked if we would like to keep the old system and install the new, this firefox 17, but it doesn't work. We liked this service , so what is the problem? Perhaps your program is no longer user friendly?
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 17.0.1: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (e.g. open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.