This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How to (re)activate security in Mozilla if I have ignored a notice that the website i tried to visit has been reported for something like malware. thanks
I am so sorry if my english is so bad. I have opened websites that have given a notice as an unsave website. I have downloaded several file from those websites. A few moment late, I realised that I have done a big mistake and I overwhelmed with fear about my computer security. How can I reactivate the feature to block an unsave website? As a additional information, after I realised the "stupid things" that I had done before, I tried to reenter the websites but the notice did not appear.
Thank you so much. sincerly
All Replies (1)
There are a few things you need to do to make sure you are safe.
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Update your Plugins
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!