How do I remove duplicate bookmarks from History?
Firefox History bookmarks keep cloning! Every time I click on one, the next time the same one is duplicated. I am using a Mac (OSX 5.8) Nothing I tried (Help community) works. Is there an easy solution? Someone please say yes!
Additional System Details
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Version 188.8.131.5248
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.9
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Contribute Plug-inInbrowser Editor Plug-in
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Picasa plugin.
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- npmnqmp 07061036
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0
Not related to your question, but have you considered upgrading to Firefox 16 (last version available for MacOSX 10.5)?
Where is the duplication appearing: among your bookmarks or in history or in the address bar autocomplete list or on the "new tab" thumbnails page, etc.?
In History, when I open Firefox. Also,thanks for the heads up about Firefox 16
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.