Tabbing through form fields in app doesn't work in Firefox.
Is there a setting in Firefox that permits tabbing through form fields so that one doesn't have to use the mouse? This works fine in IE. for the same app without any configuration, but not in Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Are you really still running Firefox 3.6? Since it hasn't received any security updates for nine months, you may be putting yourself at risk.
In my experience, tabbing through forms works just fine. Have you tested in Firefox's Safe Mode to see whether the problem is caused by a custom setting or add-on.
First, I recommend backing up your Firefox settings in case something goes wrong. See Backing up your information. (You can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder.)
Next, restart Firefox in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you double-click the program icon.
In the Safe Mode dialog, do not check any boxes, just click "Continue in Safe Mode."
If tabbing works correctly, this points to an add-on or custom setting as the most likely cause of the problem.
Please Update to the latest Firefox 17.0.x version.
- Help > About Firefox
If you already have the latest Firefox version then you can check for problems caused by a corrupted user agent.