Disable 'plugin-container' in FF 17?
I've done it before with previous versions of FF but I forgot how. It's very simple, I want to disable this 'plugin-container.exe' and let the plugins run within the FF.exe thing.
The previous version I WAS (no italics) using I had it disabled. I clicked 'About FF' to figure out what version I was using and this farging thing just automatically updated and now I have to deal with this greedy plugin container.
So, I do this?
1: type in about:config 2: look for (need file/field names) 3: change certain fields to 'false'
Again, I just need the field names for 2 and 3. Please don't refer me to some useless link.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
What a headache. Thanks for the useless link.
Which prefs do you currently have if you search for dom.ipc.plugins.enabled on the about:config page?
One more time...setting dom.ipc.plugins.enabled to false DOES NOT STOP PLUGIN CONTAINER!!!! Please stop giving this answer as a solution, Cor-el. It is simply wrong.
278 // On Windows Vista+, we force Flash to run in OOPP mode because Adobe 279 // doesn't test Flash in-process and there are known stability bugs.