I've had Mozilla Firefox for a long time...now it's infected with Searchnu and I'm trying to get rid of it! What is your recommentdation?
I can work around this by asking Foxfire to open the News Headlines, but goodness knows where else this bug is going. I'd really appreciate help direct from a Foxfire Tech.
I understand this is a browser hijacker....I just want it GONE...
Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I've got directions from a web site that says go to Firefox, click Tools, go to Options and make sure General Tab is visible. The go to Add on, then click extgensions...etc.
Problem: I cannot find 'Tools'! to even try this.
I run numerous Malware and Anti-Spyware programs and nothing picks this up. I welcome your suggestions.
See these threads and pages about searchqu/searchnu: