Hotmail will not work properly in Firefox 18
DO NOT post any comments about how stupid or slow hotmail is. I've had this same account for almost 10 years now and I'm not creating a whole new email. If your not going to post anything useful or informative, than do not post at all!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/18.0 Firefox/18.0
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
First 2 solutions did nothing, booted firefox in safemode then it worked normally. When I ran it again in "normal mode" it also worked normal again. Not sure why, but whatever, it works now. Thank you for your help
Maybe some files needed to be initialized.
Same problem with Firefox 18 and Gmail. Gmail opens normally, but then, it is impossible to select and do things :(
Did you try the solutions listed by cor-el? I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar issue.
I did follow cor-el's suggestion, clearing all cookies and file history, restarting Firefox, refreshing the screen etc. to no avail.
UPDATE: I found that by disabling the add-on "Mingly", I regained access to a functioning Gmail :-)
Problem solved for me, as I didn't use Mingly anyway.
Modified by ppmartin