No preferences avalable after clicking EDIT. Why?
Hi all. This is what i am trying to do but can not: Firefox/ edit/ (ok so far), no preferences/ advanced + sign/ cache/ clear cache/ exit....Not sure why i can not get passed edit. Any help would be appreciated. frosty girl
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- Version 1.1.10, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
There are a few things wrong with your Firefox that we need to get fixed before we can continue:
- Update Firefox. Update Firefox to the latest version. Make sure you are on Firefox 17 when you finish updating.
- Update your Plugins. https://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/
Then, after doing that, to get to your Firefox options, you need to go to Tools, then Options. Edit>Preferences is only on Mac.
Thank you for the reply Tyler. Ran out of time today to try your fixes as i am away for a couple of days. I should be able to try this out over the weekend and will let you know how things worked out. frosty girl
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
- "Remove Cookies" : Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
(actually "Edit > Preferences" is for Linux, for Mac it is "Firefox > Preferences")