Page buttons do not display in Firefox but do display in I/E
The web page at: http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/7-signs-adhd?utm_medium=yahhp has 'next slide' buttons that *do* display in I/E but are not displaying in Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Rogers One Number
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Version 188.8.131.5236
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0-rc
- Logitech Device Detection
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
I tried updating my Firefox from 16 to 17 - same result.
Please also try this link: http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/7-signs-adhd
If the problem persists, you can reset Firefox and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you would like to take a listing of the add-ons, changed preferences/settings etc. to quickly replicate the previous profile, please Copy all to clipboard (on the left of the reset button), and paste it into MS Office Excel, or OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, or notepad. However, it would be a good idea to check for the existence of the issue immediately after the reset.
Doing the reset did fix it. Thanks for the fast answer!!
In future if web pages do not display properly then best is to try these basic steps first.
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also check for extension that may be hiding content if you have any.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.