I have just recovered my system from the Funmoods virus. In the process, I uninstalled all the Funmoods components and then cleaned my registry with Malwarebytes. However, I can no longer search the web from the address bar in Firefox. I followed the instructions in the Mozilla help section on this (here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/search-web-address-bar). My config settings are:
keyword.URL default string keyword.enabled default boolean true
I believe these are the correct settings, but clearly either they are wrong or there are other settings I need to adjust. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on this?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Yes I am aware that I can restore Firefox to its default settings, but that's not what I want to do. Honestly at this point if I were going to lose all my history, settings, passwords, extensions and bookmarks I would probably just switch to Chrome. What I am looking for here is a fix to my problem. Sorry if that wasn't clear from my original question.
The only thing you would lose from a rest is your extensions, nothing else. However, try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/
Yup, that did it. Thanks!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.