Adobe Reader updater script error - download of reader does not occur
When accessing a web page that tries to display a PDF document, Firefox says my plugin needs to be updated and offers to do that. I download the updater and run it and it comes up with a dialog box with the info below. Interestingly, even though I am running Firefox, the dialog box is "Internet Explorer Script Error" box. Note I can still view the PDF document by closing the Firefox notification bar that my plugin needs to be updated.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- ABR_AUSkey Plugin Mozilla Component
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Error: Object expected
Problem solved by creating a new profile, updating Reader, restarting to see if problem fixed - Yes. The deleted the new profile, restarted and now works fine.