This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Youtube player will not go to the large size
Youtube will play on the small player, even load 1080P on the small player, and full screen works fine, but refuses to resize to the large player that takes up about half the screen. It worked just fine until I had to reinstall Firefox due to some other bug that is now fixed.
All Replies (3)
Could you try disabling graphics hardware acceleration? Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.). Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I tried that before, but I didn't restart Firefox, I only reloaded the tab. I just tried it again while restarting all of Firefox, and still no go. Graphic drivers are current.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.