When I open a link from Outlook Firefox opens but the link doesn't?
When I used to click on a link in an Outlook email it would open a single Firefox window with the link. Now it is opening Firefox and my homepage, not the link. I am unable to open outlook email links.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA - Mozilla Plug-In v22.214.171.124
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can update Firefox via Help (Alt + H) > About Firefox, or from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ and check.
If the problem persists, you can then reset Firefox and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you would like to take a listing of the add-ons, changed preferences/settings etc. to quickly replicate the previous profile, please Copy all to clipboard (on the left of the reset button), and paste it into MS Office Excel, or OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, or notepad. However, it would be a good idea to check for the existence of the issue immediately after the reset.
You can check for problems with DDE.
You can also try to redo the default setting