My webpages are not working normal, what di=o I need to do to correct this?
I have McAffee and ran their quick clean to clean up files. I forget to modify the settings and my active x controls were deleted. Now my webpages are not working normal.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1994
- Unity Player 3.4.2f3
- SOE Web Installer
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Macromedia Authorware Web Player Netscape plug-in, version 2004
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Firefox doesn't use ActiveX controls. Only IE uses them.
In what way are web pages not working properly?