Ver16.0.2..How can I get rid of an annoying pop up in the lower left of the screen that is difficult to remove. I t began with an update last week.
The pop up appears with every new tab. It has an extremely small delete "X" icon if you can find it...The pop up interferes visually with every tab and must be carefully manually deleted each time. It is always located in the lower left bottom of the screen. It is a window about 3 inches square. It began last week with an automatic download. I want it removed or I will be swiftly returning to Explorer or perhaps Google Chrome...Thanking you in advance
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked