how do I stop cookies
I had my previous version of Firefox setup to ask me if I wanted to allow cookies. Although my exception list is still in tact, Firefox continues to ask me about cookies that are already on my exception list. And not only that, it continues to ask me about the same cookies every time I restart Firefox and go back to those sites. Is this a version bug or what? Never had this happen before on an update. It is incredibly annoying and time consuming.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Picasa plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
hello daryld66, could you tell us which extensions you have installed in firefox/tools > addons extensions & which anti-virus programm/firewall/other security-related software is running on your pc? thank you...
Try to rename the permissions.sqlite file to permissions.sqlite.sav in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file is corrupted.
This will remove all exceptions (cookies, images, pop-ups, software).
If renaming didn't help then you can undo and rename the permissions.sqlite.sav file to permissions.sqlite to get back the old exceptions.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder