Firefox always loads previous session despite the option set to show hompage on start up.
Last night, a problem began occurring when I launched Firefox. Every time I open my browser, it launches the previous session from when I last closed it. The problem persists despite many attempted fixes.
The option "When Firefox starts" is set to "Show my homepage". I've restarted my computer and ended the process, so I know that Firefox doesn't have a window or process still running.
I've tried deleting sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak but that only works once and then it goes back to opening whatever tabs and windows I had open when I last closed Firefox. I've reinstalled Firefox with no results and cleared all private data except history and it didn't do anything.
I didn't install anything or update any add-ons or extensions, but it just started occurring after a normal browsing session. I've tried to find other solutions, but nothing I have found has worked. Does anyone have any new solutions or suggestions?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Unity Player 3.4.1f5
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Hi JasperJ21, see Corrupt or damaged prefs.js file