when opening a webpage, my browser stops downloading its content while waiting for an eternity at certain items, how can I filter them?
Because of the location where I live, most of google services are blocked on the internet. Yesterday I wanted to download a device driver from www.m-audio.com but the driver's page stopped loading. I noticed a message at the bottom left of the Firefox window saying "waiting for www.google.com" or something similar. Because of that wait, I could open the page only after 4 tries and waiting way too much time. Can I filter page contents from google so Firefox skips them?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1995
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can look at Adblock Plus.
- Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
You need to subscribe to a Filter list (e.g. the EasyList).