Default browser.feed.handler set to wrong defauts in 16.0.2
More of a comment than a question - I had been having trouble with FF's handling of RSS feeds. Instead of bookmarking the RSS feed, FF would simply open hundreds of blank tabs or windows. Found the answer in a 2 year old question (the thread had been closed). the browser.feed.handler in my version 16.0.2 was set to the wrong selection...with no indication of what the options are. Turns out the first two should be set to bookmarks...with the third set to "ask". Now everything works as it is supposed to.
Don't know why I had the problem in the first place - previous versions of FF handled RSS feeds properly out of the box.
By the way it took 4 or 5 replies before anyone suggested the browser.feed.handler check - everyone else wanted the poster to reload with extensions disabled etc etc.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Java plug-in for NPAPI-based browsers.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0