How can I get from Version !6 to V17 when automatic updates won't do it?
I have just upgraded my macbook to OSX v10.7 (AKA "Lion"). I'm stuck at Firefox v16.02 and would like to use a higher version. I can't figure out how to do that. I have the automatic update feature on and it tells me that I'm fully updated.
hello peterse, firefox 17 is due to be released later today - so for the moment you still are at the most current version with firefox 16.0.2.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to OSX v10.7 aka "Lion"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
hello peterse, firefox 17 is due to be released later today - so for the moment you still are at the most current version with firefox 16.0.2.
Note that automatic updating may still be throttled, so you will have to update manually in such a case.
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
- Firefox 17.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html