Using FINDER on iMac, the Firefox name appears, but the "kind" is in oriental characters. Should I worry?
I downloaded Firefox 16.0.2 (from the mozilla site) on our iMac (Mac OS X 10.5.8) yesterday (11/18/12). When I went to the FINDER to locate the application it came up as: Name: Firefox 16-3.0.2.dmg Kind: written in oriental characters (no English) Last opened: Oct. 24, 2012, 9 am
Thinking I had made a mistake, I downloaded another copy and the same thing happened 3 times!
I am concerned about the oriental characters in the "kind" description. Is this a security risk to my hotmail account and our computer in general? Do we have an incorrect copy or a pirated copy?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When I downloaded Firefox on 11/18/12.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Try to do a check for corrupted and duplicate fonts and other font issues:
- http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/multipleappsquit.html - Font Book 2.0 Help: Checking for damaged fonts