window does not update when I add a tab or switch to another tab
when I add a new tab, the new tab appears but the screen doesn't change. The content under all the tabs is the same. If I type in a url, my current page updates and when I choses another tab, the screen doesn't change. All tabs have the same content.
The following extension was causing the problem: DivX Plus Web PlayerRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
not sure. but it's been weeks now.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
if i un-install Firefox and reinstall it, and then sync to my account, the problem re-occurs.
It happens to my Windows 7, Windows 8 and OSX versions, so what ever it is is contained in my personal settings
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If it does work in Firefox Safe-mode then disable all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
The following extension was causing the problem: DivX Plus Web Player