This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Video Download Helper 4.9.10 dissapeared when trying to download it won't show up
When I download and install Video Download Helper 4.9.10 Icon does not show up
All Replies (2)
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- "View > Toolbars" or "Firefox > Options"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file if this hasn't solved it.
Have you tried updating to the latest version, Video Download Helper 4.9.11?
Have you checked your Options in VDH? Add-ons > Extensions > Download Helper, General tab
Have you tried to locate the icon in the Toolbar Customize palette and drag it to the toolbar?
- See - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/customize-firefox-controls-buttons-and-toolbars#w_how-do-i-customize-or-rearrange-toolbar-items
There should also be an icon in the Add-on bar at the bottom of the Firefox window depending on your VDH Options (see above).
- Show/hide the Add-on bar - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-bar-quick-access-to-add-ons#w_how-do-i-show-or-hide-the-add-on-bar
Other - You should check your Plugins and update as needed.
- Check your Plugins - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6 (not the same as Adobe Flashplayer/Flash/Shockwave Flash)