I had to reset Foxfire to get rid of a incredibar, now I can't go back to set my fast dial up
After I reset Firebox, my fastdial and is something a little strange. Can you help??? I'm desperate!!!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I reset Firebox
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
When you open a new tab, do you see the default 9-thumbnail view of frequently/recently visited sites?
When you use the Reset, your Themes and Extensions are not carried over, as you've noticed. They are still saved in a folder on your desktop named "old Firefox data" so if you need to copy over some settings it's still possible.
But first, if you remember which fast dial extension you were using, you could reinstall that from the add-ons site.
If you can't figure out which one it was, you could do a little digging in the old folder. In there, you will see an extensions folder. Unfortunately, the folder names and .xpi file names within the extension folder often use long names that look like random letters and numbers (globally unique IDs or GUIDs). Hopefully you can glean enough information to identify the extension you were using.