Ok, here's the deal.
After long use Firefox starts to lag like crazy with Flash. And... It doesn't seem to be a problem with Flash. It's more likely that the browser itself what is causing the issue.
After I use Firefox for some time Flash starts lagging badly. BUT! This happens only if I have my Firefox window active. If I open the Task Manager on top of Firefox window, Flash stops lagging as if Harry Porter himself cast a spell with his magic stick making everything work like a charm.
I made a small video showcasing the bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2c5pbn1xwy58dc/12-11-2012%2019-07-15.avi
- The bug still appears even in Safe Mode (all addons disabled).
- With hardware acceleration disabled in Flash bug still remains.
- With Chrome and other browsers everything works fine.
- The bug will go away after restart - and then will start to appear after Firefox is in use for some time.
- Normally it re-appears after I close my laptop's lid forcing it to go to sleep mode. After it wakes up - the bug is there.
- There was no such a bug in the past - it started to appear as new Firefox versions were released - don't know the exact version but I assume it all started from version 14 or 15.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Did you try to disable protected mode in the Flash plugin?
Also make sure that you allow the plugin-container process in the firewall.
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- downgrade the Flash player to version 10.3 or 11.2
> disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
Seems like that helped. Thanks!
Disabling the flash protected mode was not helpful after all. I will keep trying.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.