Firefox prints all webpages as images while printing as pdf.
I save pages as pdf using PDF-Printer that comes with Acrobat X Pro. But Firefox (16.0.2) prints the pages (text plus images) as image. This makes it impossible to select text or use search feature.
I tested it with IE and Chrome. In both cases the created PDFs are as expected (texts can be selected).
I tried the solution outlined in the following links and none of them work.
I am using WIndows 7 OS. I don't assume it's bug. If it's a feature does anyone know how to disable it?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19912
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Picasa plugin
- WordCaptureX component for single click dictionary
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- DjVu browser plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
If the problem started recently you can try to reset Firefox printing preferences.
You can also check if the print preview is okay. You may also want to try toggling the options for fonts (if present) like embedding via Firefox File (Alt + F) > Print > Properties for the PDF printer.
Thanks for the reply.
As I mentioned in my previous post I already tried resetting the printing preferences but that didn't work.
I don't have problem printing in general. It's specific to when I want to make a pdf. It does creates a pdf however all the contents are rendered as image and texts become non-selectable.
And that's where I have a problem. i want a pdf with selectable text.
If the printer (PDF printer settings) has an option to Embed fonts you can try selecting that. Another thing you could try is to print a sample from notepad. If it's okay you can try that font type for Serif in Firefox Tools (Alt + T) > Options > Content > Advanced (beside Fonts & Colors) > while deselecting Allow pages to choose their own fonts, ... and check.
Also make sure that :"Print to File" is selected with PDF as output format and that you aren't generating output to print to a specific printer.