A link from another programme (Adobe Reader, eMail) take almost 2 minutes to show up in firefox. A link from a webpage in firefox opens in less than 2 seconds
Firefox v17.0, windows7. this is not related to the web page, all URLs present this issue. firefox is the default browser
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
perhaps after upgrading to v17.0, but not sure.
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 184.108.40.20612
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
You can try to Associate a file type or protocol with a program via the Windows Control Panel > Default Programs. Look for .url > (ignore existing Firefox) Change Program and Browse and select Firefox again.
Also, if you have security software (antivirus, firewall etc.) installed, you can try deleting all existing instances of Firefox and its related processes/files in all the different configuration modules/areas of the security software like process monitoring, sub/spawned process control, virtualization, HIPS etc., in addition to the security software's main configuration panel. Instead create new fully allowed/trusted rules for Firefox + its related processes in all the different modules/panels - a genuine/original Firefox installer as well as all the installed EXEs (Application) and DLLs (Application extension) are digitally signed by Mozilla Corporation (right-click > Properties > Digital Signatures). Even otherwise, some security software may also ask again when Firefox and/or its sub processes are started, and you may be able to allow/trust at that time. Please see this.
You can check for issues caused by DDE: