Firefox is extremely slow on first start up
That is literally how it looks in realtime when I first start firefox. No such problem in Chrome.
So when I choose first link from bookmarks or fast dial, it takes minutes to load it and in the meantime firefox is stuck like it froze, while my HDD continuously works and works and works...
Modified by sirupdzija
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- LabVIEW 9.0 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- LabVIEW 8.6 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Dassault Systemes 3dxml Plug-in
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Your security may be monitoring the Firefox startup too closely.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.