Text is shifted off screen. Opera renders correctly
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Images showing the problem are posted; the first is Firefox, the second is Opera. Notice the rendering under Weather Stations at the right. There are other web pages where information is shifted so that a portion of the information is outside the box and it isn't always at the right of the browser page. I have played with all sorts of settings to get things to render correctly at a 1920x1080 resolution, but every one seems to have a problem of one kind or another. I'm currently using 150% text size and "none" as the minimum text size for the browser. The default 125% text size has similar problems.
If you have increased the minimum font size then try the default setting "none" in case the current setting is causing problems.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size (none)
Make sure that you allow websites to choose their fonts.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > [X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.
- View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.