How do I get rid of CONDUIT SEARCH ?
How do I get ride of the dreadful CONDUIT SEARCH which has colonised my Firefox search like computer Herpes? I have tried a few of the replies but nothing has helped - it appears nowhere on any program list and even the following didn't do the trick :-
Owner AnonymousUser 1 year ago Several tried to but no one seemed to understand the real problem. I COULD, because it was mine too. So it follows the only ultimate solution:
1. Open Firefox 2. On the address bar, type – about:config in the URL. Press Enter. 3. You will be warned about Warranty. Click on “I’ll be careful…”
4. On the Filter dialog box type – search.conduit 5. It will display all related entries. Right-click on Preferences Name and Reset. It worked for me, after trying a dozen of "fake" solutions. ;)
Other than serious chainsaw work, any ideas?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
page contained information to this problem but some idiot deleted it.
page contained information but some idiot deleted the solution.
Is that searching via the location bar or searching via the search bar on the Navigation Toolbar?
You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
Browse to this folder, you'll need to set folder permissions to view all files and substitute "john" for your account.
Delete this file and reboot, all should be well. It's Adware.ToDownload
Check it's gone on reboot, if not do a scan with Malware Bytes, that'll fix it..
Modified by Teddywix
I too am having lots of problems with Conduit!!, I am having lots of issues. Their greed and lack of moral ethical code can be explained by understanding low life humans. However, Firefox/Mozilla continue to promote and carry their plugin/extension. This is something I have a real problem with !! ?? Instead of them helping to protect their following, they turn a blind eye and allow Conduit to continue spreading malware under their watch.
What can we do to encourage Firefox/mozzilla to enforce that those they promote be of higher morals than poor bottom feeders like Conduit. Could a petition be started!
Go to the FIrefox tab, click Addons, find toolbar item you want to remove, click on remove. After removal Firefox will reboot.
After doing all of the above, you need to go to the Firefox tab click on Add-ons, then Options, then options again. Then you can delete the conduit homepage and add your own.
SpyHunter.com from Enigma Software was very useful in getting rid of Conduit and all the other toolbars they bring in with them to gang rape your computer. You want to get rid of all. A little expensive but better than hiring someone! and it cleaned everything up, no other anti malware seemed to work. And when these bottom feeders rape your computer you want to be cleaned up ASAP. Beware of the following : Faves . com , FreeFileOpener . com With the WOT grading Conduit . com have a 100% approval!!! don't pee in your own pool. Firefox should initiate something within the community to help rid people from the rape and pillage done by these companies that attack unsuspecting people !
Modified by myhealthylawn