when I open firefox the first page opens to secure.me. How do I get rid of this
when I open firefox the first page is "secure.me" how do i get rid of this?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
See these articles for some suggestions:
- https://support.mozilla.org/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols
You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked