Change Titlebar text colour in Firefox 16.0.2 (Mac) - Currently Illegible
Searched high and low for a solution but found nothing. Is there anyway to change the title bar color from the grey as it makes all dark personas unreadable. If I could change the color to white, it would be great.
Surely there has to be a way to do this? Checked through about:config and availbale plugins but nothing.
Mac OSX 10.7.5 & Firefox 16.0.2
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 203
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Sure, screenshot is attached.
Do you already have a (dark) persona installed?
I see part of the menu bar and that bar looks normal.
I assume that on a Mac a persona doesn't cover the menu bar as that is maintained by the Mac OS and not by Firefox.
How does it look in Safe mode?
The dark persona is enabled in that screenshot. Normally, it's a light colour background so text is fine.
Just when a dark background is used in the persona, there is no way to read the text easy. Tab colours in the persona are white with a dark text-shadow which is great, I just wish there was a way to match the title text above it instead of the dark grey...
This is such a serious problem that I would think the people who are creating Personas would be all over Mozilla to fix it.
One of the primary reasons I'm trying to migrate away from Safari is the anonymous dull grey that Apple insists on, which makes the browser windows disappear into a sea of other grey windows.
Thus, the delight of Firefox (or Chrome) with contrasting colors available. But if Firefox dark Personas make the title bar unreadable, it's a disaster!