Can you tell me how I can put tabs BELOW the bookmarks toolbar in firefox 16.0.2 for Mac?
I do NOT want my tabs to be above the toolbars. I want them to be the last thing above the web page like they used to be. It makes bouncing between tabs so much easier.
The articles you have on this site must be for older versions. When I hit view / toolbars there is not option to uncheck tabs on top.
If you have made it impossible to change to tabs on bottom then I wish to downgrade to an older version of Firefox and would like to know how to do this without getting harassing pop-ups about upgrades being available.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Picasa plugin.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Current Firefox versions only show the "Tabs on Top" menu entry in the "View > Toolbars" menu and in context menus if the tabs aren't in the default position on top.
If the tabs are on top and the menu entry isn't available and you want to move the tabs below the navigation toolbar then you need to flip the browser.tabs.onTop pref to false on the about:config page.