This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I open a new window, it opens behind the exist ing window instead of in front of it. How can I fix this?
When I click on a link and I choose the option to open link in a new window, it opens behind the currently open window instead of in front of it. This is a real nuisance. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it?
All Replies (3)
There are several possible reasons why the new window opens in the background and not in the foreground by default.
- another installed program is causing this
- the Firefox main window is set to Always on Top
- probably a Windows 7 bug
- possibly a Firefox bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=790013
What you can do is
- update your Windows 7 to the latest security patches
- open Mozilla Firefox in Safe Mode (see KB article Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode)
- evaluate the other programs installed on your computer
- open new links on a new tab
Let us know your progress. I will be following this support thread.
Modified by JeanAustinR
Go to Tools>Options>Tabs When I open a new link switch to it immediately>>checking this brings new tabbed page to front automatically
I have had the correct Tools/Options boxes checked from the very beginning, but it makes absolutely no difference. The issue began happening after a prior Firefox update, probably almost two years ago by now, so I don't remember which one.