Logging into eBay takes me to Page Not Responding
Almost every time I try and log into my eBay account using Firefox (16.0.2) on a Mac (10.6.8), I am directed to the page titled Page Not Responding. It also happens occasionally with other regular websites, such as online banking. The way I get round it is to clear recent history in Firefox, close it down and then restart it. I can then log in OK. However this causes problems with other websites where I have to login manually again. I don't seem to have the same problem if I use Safari, but I prefer to use Firefox, as I am so used to it.
Can anyone suggest a way of solving the problem, or at least getting round it without having to clear all recent history.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Aspera Web enables fast and secure transfers of web content using FASP. For more information, visit www.asperasoft.com.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0