No video on firefox, error message #2032 despite reinstalling firefox adobe flash etc and 2 hrs with my IT department
Please help My virtual classroom refuses to open with Firefox but works with chrome since reinstallation due to very slow reception ( 1 meg download in a 20 meg zone) I am unable to use firefox neither professionally nor personally Youtube doesn't work either The It department of my company are unable to find a solution
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1688
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1243
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- downgrade the Flash player to version 10.3 or 11.2
My experience, error #2032. Firefox 17.0.1; Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Tried everything or almost everything either singularly or in combination.
1. Downgraded flash to 10.xx.xxx……..…..no change
2. Upgraded all add-ons…………………..……..no change.
3. Cleared cache………………………………..…….no change.
4. Turned off hardware acceleration…..…..no change.
5. Set ProtectedMode=0 in mms.cfg…….....no change
6. Deactivated add-ons one at a time….....no change
7. Reactivatewd add-ons one at a time..….flash started working
8. Applied flash 11.5.502.135…………..………still works
9. Deleted ProtectedMode=0 in mms.cfg…..still works
10. Turned on hardware acceleration……..….still works
This is the video that encountered Error #2032 http://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacre_battling_bad_science.html
Now it “works”. Dunno why.......
Did not try safe mode. Did not disable all add-ons.
Yes, video could be viewed in IE9 without an issue, Yes, other sites work as well now in FF.
Add-ons included: Adblock Plus Better Privacy Ckick&Clean ColorfulTabs DoNotTrackMe Download Statusbar F.B. Purity Facebook Blocker Facebook Disconnect Flash and Video Download Google Disconnect Google/Yandex search fix link InFormEnter Norton Vulnerability Readability RightToClick StumbleUpon TLDR
Hi, I have the same problem for a while and I don't know how to fix it. So far Chrome is not giving me this error, yet he's using the same plugin. Problem reading Ted talks or even Office 365 videos from http://office.microsoft.com/fr-fr/videos/office-365-visite-guidee-pour-les-utilisateurs-HA102657904.aspx
I have FF 21.0b2 and Flash 11.7.700.169. I tried most of the operations mentioned above. I'm having this problem for almost 6months now, so clearly I don't want to downgrade anything or disable an add-on.
Could you please help me and the 18other people who are having the same problem? Thanks in advance
Modified by seiferflo