How can I change the default process priority for plugin-container?
I'm on Windows XP and using Firefox 16.0.2.
While browsing the web I often listen to pandora, but the music playback is always choppy or jerky. It especially occurs when scrolling pages up/down on other tabs. I saw on another question - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930496 - that one solution is to change the plugin-container.exe priority to AboveNormal. I've done this several times and it works really well!!
I also tried changing the firefox.exe priority up and down, but this is ineffective (choppy playback problem still occurs). It is very much related to the plugin-container priority.
Please could you provide an about:config option to set the default process priority for the plugin-container. It would make a big difference for those users who have the problem. Thanks!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
change plugin-container.exe priority to AboveNormal