Firefox will not open
Firefox opens a icon on the task bar but will not open a page
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
tonight 31 Oct 2012
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
I Posted this for a Mate, The problem is now solved. He had to use the shortcut ( Win Logo + Direction Up key ) to expand Firefox from the Icon on the Task Bar. He verified the Properties screen resolution was set to Maximze before. We checked everyone's lisr for a possible solution, Thanks for the Support Mozilla and Members ^_^
Hi, I am having a problem with firefox opening. I have the icon on my toolbar, but when I click to open, It highlights and gets the little whirly thing which is indicative of it going to open but it quickly stops and nothing happens. I tried rebooting, nothing happened. I reinstalled began working - left computer on went to bed, not working. Took to my computer tech, who uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version - brought computer home hooked it all up and working, been away today, daughter used firefox to access facebook and had no problems, I came home and now again not working. Computer Tech fella, will look at it again but suggested that I post problem in here and see if there is something with the latest update - as when I get update notices I usually do the upgrade. Any suggestions. I am not new to firefox have had it for several years and this is the first weird problem that I have had.