Is it possible to have FireFox open a site in Windows Explorer?
I work for a company that provides a FTP site for clients to upload files. I would like to give them the instructions on how to have Fire Fox open the site in Windows Explorer so that they can drag and drop the files.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
First, you really need to update your Firefox. You are running a version that is over a year old and very vulnerable to many security holes. Update Firefox to the latest version. After that, I would try to look at Firefox Add-ons, addons.mozilla.org
Firefox can only download files via you need an extension if you want to upload files via FTP.
- FireFTP: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/fireftp/
- FileZilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/