I have an older iMac operating on Mac OSx 10.4. When I attempted to down-load some plug-in updates, they would not accept it because my computer is to old and doesn't have the necessary capability. When I try to remove the message, nothing works, and every time I boot the computer with Firefox, it keeps reloading. Please tell me how to delete this plug-in reminder. Thank you.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
You can inspect and modify some prefs on the about:config page to suppress the plugin reminder.
- set the plugins.hide_infobar_for_missing_plugin pref to true
- set the plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin pref to true
- set the plugins.update.url pref to an empty string
There is still a newer Flash version available for your OS X 10.4 computer.
What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?
Flash Player 10.1 Release Notes:
See (Released 11/04/2010) Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0 (126 MB)
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html Archived Flash Player versions
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.