how do I change opening a new window so it stays on the new window when I open it?
When I click on the 'New Window' button, it opens a new window than immediately goes back to the original window. I want the new window to remain displayed until I choose to go back to the original window.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
How do I open Firefox in the safe mode.
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Thanks, it fixed it. Only problem I lost everything I had in bookmarks, toolbars and whatever. Not a big deal, I've gotten most of it set back as it was
Was this a problem with a specific extension of did something else fix your issue?
Sorry, I don't know enough about computers to answer. I just opened Firefox in safe mode, new windows worked properly there so I shut it down and opened it again in the regular mode. I can't remember the question it asked me, I probably selected the wrong option and that is why I lost everything. I opened up like it was my first time with Firefox. It was easy to rebuild what I needed and I probably got rid of a lot of junk I didn't need.
Sounds that you've clicked the Rest button and have created a new profile.
Note that "Reset" creates a new default profile with a time stamp appended to identify it and tries to recover settings like bookmarks and history and passwords and cookies and auto-fill data from the old profile, but you lose data like extensions and other customizations.
Firefox 15+ versions will move the old profile folder to an "Old Firefox Data-##" folder on the Desktop that gets a number appended if you use reset more than once.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.