Google links fail to open unless https:// is at the begining.
For some reason, when I click on a link from google search or news, the link does not open unless I add https:// on my own. Once I do that, it opens right away.... Any ideas?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Less than 2 months ago.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Note that in this case it is the opposite: a secure connection works, but a normal connection doesn't work.
Quote: the link does not open unless I add https:// on my own
You are right about this!
Thanks for noting!