How do I remove Fire Fox as the default setting on my eMac computer. I am unable to open some files I need to open with Fire Fox.
I receive a newsletter that has information I need. Since I chose Fire Fox as my default setting, I haven't been able to open it. It was so easy making Fire Fox my default, but not so easy to remove it. Jim Kennedy
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When I mad Fire Fox my default setting.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Simple Browser plug-in that launchs CaddieSync for Mac
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
You should at least install the latest Firefox 3.6.28 version for your Mac OS X 10.4 PPC computer instead of the current Firefox 3.6.18 version.
- Firefox 3.6.28: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"