yahoo mail "please verify your password" when opening new tab
When I sign in to Yahoo mail on the first tab, it works fine. When I open an additional tab, it always asks "please verify your password". In the past, I have always been able to open a new tab and stay signed in. I had to reinstall Win xp and now it always prompts for my password when opening a new tab. I have tried clearing cache, history, cookies and still have the issue. I tried different versions of FF, including FF15 and16 and none work. I have also tried restoring FF to default setting and restarted with add ons disabled. Additionally, I tried setting the network connection to "no proxy". Nothing has worked. Any other suggestions? Thanks. IE and Chrome work fine and I do not have this issue.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
You should install and use the current Firefox 16 release as soon as possible.
Your current Firefox 5 version has a lot of security vulnerabilities.
Did you try a new profile?
Did you check the date and time on the computer?
Make sure that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) isn't blocking cookies if the settings in Firefox are correct.