Java 7 won't work with Firefox 16.0.1 on OS X 10.7.5.
Java 7 works with Safari, but Firefox won't recognise Java is there at all. I've tried reinstalling Java 7 but no success.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- F5 Network Access plugin, Ver. 7000.2011.1102.1
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
did you download java from java site or from : http://support.apple.com/downloads#java_for_os_x_lion ?
Java 7 works with Safari, but not with Firefox. I downloaded it from the Java site-the Apple site only has a previous version of Java & it can't be downloaded.
try to Re-initializing the plugins database and check it again
if the above does not solve the issue see if you can manually copy the contents of the java folder into Mozilla Firefox\plugins (i don't know the precisely position in mac)
I have this problem too! Tried everything mentioned above. doesn't work. Can developer look into this issue?
I reported this issue as a bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=813803