Firefox 16 causes my menus to display incorrectly on my websites. Menus built with AllWebMenus software.
Dropdown menus (called from mouseovers) are shifted to the left in FireFox16 only. They are no longer aligned with the call box and not under the cursor. Firefox 15, Microsoft IE, and Google chrome all work correctly. Everything works except Firefox 16. This web page has been stable for several years (http://callawayfamily.org/)
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I updated to version 16
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Guffins Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
It is working in Firefox 17 (beta) and later as well, so it seems that some code landed only in Firefox 16 that is causing the menus to get shifted that got fixed in later versions.
There is probably not much that you can do about this.
A good place to ask advice about web development is at the MozillaZine "Web Development/Standards Evangelism" forum.
The helpers at that forum are more knowledgeable about web development issues.
You need to register at the MozillaZine forum site in order to post at that forum.
Thank you for your response. I will try your suggestion.