i have current version however, many websites state I need to update as I have an older version.
specifically, quickbooks online and facebook
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
two week ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Fun Web Products Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RadioPI Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Hello katpollock. Your user agent is corrupted by Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB) and that identifies you as Firefox/3.6.8
see your user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
in the next link see how to reset user agent : Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
see also the next page about Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB in the user agent).
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
Modified by ideato
hello katpollock, apparently firefox is reporting a wrong user agent to websites & identifies itself as firefox 3.6.8 - please reset the user agent string as it is described in the following support article: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
please also uninstall any toolbars you don't need since they can cause additional problems: Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page