HOW TO GET ARCADE CANDY REMOVED FROM THIS COMPUTER!
ARCADE CANDY HAD RECENTLY SHOWED UP ON THIS COMPUTER - DID NOT ASK FOR IT AND DO NOT WANT IT - IT INTERFERES WITH THE OTHER PROGRAMS I WISH TO USE. THE ARCADE CANDY WON'T LET ME GET THE PROGRAMS I WANT! THANK YOU, FAYE SCHOLL
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- InboxAce Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- SOE Web Installer
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Try the following:
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Uninstall any Unwanted Programs
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!